What Has Changed in VMware’s V12?
Veeam expands its product line with adaptation 12 of its cloud-based features, freedom, and innovations to the environment. This is done by adding more cloud features. Customers of VMware will greatly benefit from Veeam Backup & amp, Replication v12 due to the new repository type and function” Direct – to Object Storage ,” the” VeeaMover” feature, a number of security improvements, and some extensions for VCD service providers. This discuss these updated features and enhancements:
The following copy conditions architecture has undergone a significant change as one of V12’s biggest innovations. Customers and partners can now improve their backup strategies and cloud backup options thanks to direct-to-object storage, which opens up new possibilities. Without the need for archives or copies, backup data can be stored directly on image storage. With the help of this feature, you can expand your capabilities when creating a dependable backup plan and provide customers with an entirely new approach to the 3 – 2 – 1 Rule and the rest of their safety precautions and policies. Organizations can gain from the following when using image storage as their main store:
- Eternal store is simple to implement.
- Vendors of cloud storage offer extremely high availability( i.e., 99.99999999 %) and dependability.
- Users of branch offices or home offices can use simplified memory without having to buy specialized equipment.
- More adaptability in VMware hyperscale environments( i.e., without a time repository and pricey digital hard drives )
VeeaMover makes managing all types of storage data simpler. Most customers will look to quickly travel their data from on-premises to subject storage without losing the partnership with the corresponding backup jobs, certainly with Direct-to-Object Storage. Clients used to have to manually modify their configuration and take advantage of different alternatives in order for their backup data to be migrated with their respective storage jobs. This procedure has been greatly streamlined with VeeaMover. It makes it possible for businesses to migrate fully in a matter of keystrokes. There are numerous additional incorporate contexts, such as:
- transferring information to a permanent monument
- relocating an NTFS repository to REFS / XFS
- transferring tasks to different technology or store
- Storage storage balancing
In conclusion, VeeaMover streamlines processes and improves our customers’ information independence.
Veeam continues to enhance our defenses against the constantly evolving environment of malware and hacker attacks in version 12.
- Trusted immutability for every workload: Ensure that your backups can always be restored after a cyberattack with comprehensive, enterprise-grade immutability options from trusted vendors. This includes on-premises object, block and file storage, hardened repositories and deduplicating storage appliances, cloud object storage and tape.
- Improved cyber resiliency: Enable the fastest response to ransomware attacks by identifying and alerting with Veeam ONE as well as restoring only clean data with improved secure restore including automation and proven recovery orchestration for all workloads.
- MFA: Empower a zero-trust journey with multi-factor authentication (MFA), password-less service accounts (gMSA) for Windows and single-use credentials for Linux and fortify your defense against cyberattacks with Kerberos-only and IPv6-only environment support.
Improvements to the VCD / service provider:
We introduced and enhanced our options for VMware Cloud Director in order to strengthen and enhance our abilities in support provider environment:
- VCD-to-VCD CDP: Eliminate downtime and minimize data loss with multi-tenant Continuous Data Protection (CDP) in VMware Cloud Director. With VCD-to-VCD CDP, you’ll instantly failover to the latest state or point in time with ultra-low recovery point objective (RPO) granularity at the vApp level.
- CDP to VCD via Veeam Cloud Connect: Simplify disaster recovery (DR) and minimize downtime with instant failover capabilities. With CDP to VCD via Veeam Cloud Connect, service providers can replicate tenants’ vCD-resources between production and DR vCD-servers.
Veeam Data Platform delivers three key requirements to keep a business running: Data Security, Data Recovery and Data Freedom to back up and use data from any location without platform or cloud lock-ins. There are three enterprise-grade editions as well: Foundation, Advanced and Premium. All editions contain Veeam’s award winning Veeam Backup & Replication and Instant Recovery. Advanced and Premium editions also deliver advanced resiliency features including monitoring, analytics and recovery.
- With Veeam Backup & amp, Replication v12, which includes over 500 different features and modifications, the Foundation publication provides industry-leading data protection.
- In order to provide customers with deep, intelligent monitoring and observability to help them identify and fix any backup or recovery issues before they start, the Advanced edition combines Veeam Backup & amp, Replication with VeEam ONE.
- The Premium edition, which includes Veeam Backup & amp, Replication, VeEam ONE, and Veheam Recovery Orchestrator( Orchestrator ), offers the highest level of enterprise data protection and recovery capabilities as a premium offering. In addition to automating testing and offering complete data resiliency with the assurance of one-click recovery, Premium builds on the other editions by adding the full automation of a complex data recovery process with near-zero recovery point objectives( RPOs ). Customers who purchase the Premium edition can also take advantage of the Veeam Ransomware Warranty, which pays for data recovery up to$ 5 million in the event of a malware or cyberattack.
In the world of information management methods, the release of V12 represents a significant turning point. Veeam has introduced new functions that enable companies to keep their crucial data secure and are compliant with industry standards with a strong emphasis on freedom and security. By growing their storage business and providing their customers with more dependable methods, service providers may also gain from these updates. Overall, the distribution of V12 has proven that Veeam’s dedication to customer and customer feedback has paid off once more.