Introducing the particular Cisco Nexus Firmware Growth Kit (FDK)
Cisco is very happy to announce the Cisco Nexus Firmware Development Kit (FDK), our new software advancement framework for FPGA-centered Nexus SmartNICs and switches is currently orderable on Cisco Commerce Workplace.
Cisco’s Intelligent growth framework for field-programmable gate array (FPGA)
The Cisco Nexus® FDK (Firmware Growth Kit) is really a powerful advancement framework for adding application-specific intelligence to FPGA-based Cisco Nexus SmartNICs and Cisco Nexus 3550 series switches.
The framework lowers the barrier to utilizing FPGA based products for custom network acceleration and offload applications. Users no longer need to focus on a blank FPGA growth card and digital schematic. Rather users can begin with a cost-effective right now, production-quality, backed Cisco Nexus SmartNICs and Cisco Nexus 3550 network switches fully.
Users can truly add intelligent network app acceleration into Nexus FPGA-base gadgets, utilizing Cisco well-defined and documented FDK framework. Make use of cases include serious packet examination, advanced packet filtering, complete line-price packet digesting, AI/ML acceleration, 5G digesting, and new FPGA innovations.
Key features and Advantages
- Reduce network to aid the increasing needs of financial trading options latency.
- Employ application particular functionality and cleverness for FPGA-based Nexus system switches and Nexus SmartNICs.
- Fast implementation of deeply packet inspection, superior packet filtering, complete line-price packet processing, AI/ML acceleration, and 5G processing.
- Create long-term worth from programmable customized network offload, software acceleration, enhancements, upgrades, and maintenance updates.
The Cisco Nexus FDK package deal
The Cisco Nexus FDK is shipped as a whole package with everything necessary to build, run, and keep maintaining FPGA-accelerated network applications. FDK contains:
- PCS/Mac pc component for interfacing Ethernet systems to FPGA logic
- PCIe motor for interfacing the FPGA logic to a bunch X86 CPU
- Linux system driver for seamless system integration
- Linux kernel bypass motorists, libraries, tools, and illustrations for high-performance software program
- Makefile-dependent build system for simple generation of brand new images
- Picture hot-reloading and flashing device to load pictures onto devices with reduced disruption
- Full documentation for several of these components
The Cisco Nexus FDK editions and licensing
- Totally free edition (FDK-FE): includes elements for PCS/Mac pc, PCIe DMA, Drives, Equipment, Timestamping without low optimization features latency.
- Expert edition (FDK-PE): includes components for ATE, PCS/MAC, PCIe DMA, Drives, Tools, Timestamping, and ultra-low optimization abilities for applications latency. The Professional edition could be licensed as Full Assessment or version version for use on a test system.
To find out more, visit cisco.com/go/nexusfdk
Unlock the entire value of ULL system solutions
Cisco Nexus next-era ultra-low network switch system latency, smart network user interface cards (SmartNIC) and firmware advancement products (FDK) are specifically made to address the requirements of latency-sensitive programs in data middle networking, high-frequency investing (HFT), financial providers, and company networks.
- Nexus 3550 Series Switches: Ultra-reduced latency network change platform, multiplexing functions, precision timestamping, with programmability to facilitate your mission-critical network apps.
- Nexus SmartNIC adapters: Programmable Nexus SmartNIC (intelligent network interface cards) are next-generation FPGA-based ultra-lower latency and high-resolution timestamping adapters to program your network and accelerate application offloads.
- Nexus FDK (firmware development kits): Offers a powerful software growth framework to include application specific cleverness and features to FPGA-based Nexus 3550 system switches and SmartNICs