Cisco Catalyst Micro Switches: good stuff can be found in small packages
We are very happy to announce the start of a complete new group of switches: micro switches.
Cisco Catalyst Micro Switches provide Gigabit Ethernet and PoE+ in ultra-small 4-port form factors which can be mounted in wire ducts or even on the desktop.
For those seeking to provide Gigabit ethernet to the ultimate end device, these full-featured, enterprise-course switches ensure it is easy for one to extend intent-based networking all of the real solution to your work-zones.
What on earth is really a micro switch?
In the global globe of networking, micro switches are little Ethernet switches with four to six 6 ports downlinks and 2 copper or SFP uplinks. These can be found in small form factors which can be mounted right close to the endpoints that hook up to them discretely, such as a wire duct or on a desktop computer. Micro switches are generally found in Fiber-to-the-office (FTTO) system architectures, and invite for an easier, more flexible environment.
Why would We deploy FTTO?
In a FTTO network, fiber optic wire is pulled through the entire creating of copper instead. The extended variety and increased bandwidth of fiber implies that only 1 aggregation closet is required to provide you with the entire building. This eliminates the necessity for intermediate distribution frames therefore, freeing up valuable property and reducing hardware, electrical power and cooling infrastructure. Furthermore, failure control is localized, and floorplans could be reconfigured easily.
As a right section of the Cisco Catalyst switch products, the brand new micro switches will incorporate most of the exact same enhanced and integrated protection features customers be determined by to safeguard information and infrastructure.
- 1x authentication
- IPv4 first hop safety
- Trustworthy Solutions
- Automated policy-centered segmentation along with Cisco Software-Defined Access
Simple set up and management
We designed the brand new micro switches with compatibility and simplicity at heart, to make administration and deployment as simple as possible.
- Snap-in mounting hardware
- Industry-compatible power products
- Cisco network Perform
- Manage with Cisco DNA Middle, CLI or third-party software program
Make sure that the IoT gadgets running on Power more than Ethernet (PoE) possess a frequent source of power.
- PoE+ with Perpetual PoE continues capacity to devices even when change is rebooted
- USB-C ports upon desktop model deliver around 60W
Significant use cases
There are many situations where the strategy of placing micro switches close to the final end devices is quite desirable. These include:
- Upgrade existing FTTx infrastructure: if you want to to update your current micro switches, search no further. The Cisco Catalyst Micro Switches comply with the Mosaic-45×45 industrial regular and so are compatible with the majority of your existing installation accessories. It could reuse selected third-celebration power-supplies even. “Switching Over” hasn’t been easier.
- New structures and major retrofits: Some organizations are embracing an FTTO kind of network architecture to be able to support increased bandwidth applications. That is determined during preparing and design of a fresh building commonly, since transforming over from complete copper cabling to complete fiber is really a major retrofit. A significant advantage here’s having Cisco hardware through the entire network, making it simpler to manage everything from an individual pane of cup with Cisco DNA Middle, and roll out a Software-Defined Access system fabric even.
- Widespread physical spaces: In locations such as airports, entertainment and stadiums venues, fiber optic wire is preferable more than copper due to range limitations of copper. This can help you have just one single network to control and enables IT to make use of the full features of Cisco DNA Middle.
- PoE-powered workspaces: Cisco Catalyst Micro Switches provide Power more than Ethernet to power wi-fi access points and also the myriad IoT devices which are being followed to automate building systems. The desktop design can provide strength over built-in USB-C ports, to be able to power laptops from the switch located close to the user. These functions create the micro switches an excellent option for healthcare, hospitality and smart structures.
The Catalyst Micro Switches aren’t the only real fiber-based switching options Cisco has available. These match the fiber versions within the Catalyst 9000 category of switches, including:
- Cisco Catalyst 9300 series: 24 or 48 ports 1G fiber models
- Cisco Catalyst 9500 10G fiber models
- Cisco Catalyst 9600 1/10 G fiber model
Whether you want to to refresh your existing micro change deployments or are organizing a fresh building with FTTO, Cisco Catalyst Micro Switches are simply what you need correct where you will need it.